With the technology and HVAC services being used in today’s energy efficient homes in Vancouver, BC, homeowners are now able to live comfortably indoors regardless of the temperature outside. Tight seals used around doors, windows and floors ensure that the temperature indoors is pleasant to everyone and the seals ascertain that dust and other pollutants stay outside.
Well, without proper heating, ventilation and cooling, bacteria, mold growth and odors become and a huge problem for homeowners. HVAC service providers are always on call whenever a person needs professional assistance with the installation or maintenance of their home air conditioning and heating systems. “The ideal number of times that an HVAC service provider should visit your home is twice a year, and this ensures that you HVAC system runs optimally without any issues throughout.” says David Hendley of Furnaces Vancouver.
HVAC service people will inspect the systems and give them a comprehensive tune-up. These tuneups will help in keeping the energy bills low and add to the longevity of the HVAC system.
However, even though these experienced professionals are needed most of the time to fix heating systems, there are still a few tips and tricks that a homeowner can use to improve the quality of heating and ventilation without having to call the experts. These tips are designed to help keep your home interior comfortable, fresh and allergy-free.
Tips To Reduce Odors
- If there’s no HVAC return vent in any of the rooms, it’s easier to reduce the odor contraction by leaving the doors open.
- Install exhaust fans in the bathrooms and kitchens to reduces odors and fumes.
- Use cleaning products that are environmentally friendly and non-toxic
Tips To Reduce Dust and Allergens
- Try and get rid of carpets and soft fabric surfaces in the house
- A qualified HVAC expert will tell you that keeping your home pet free will reduce the chances of having allergens and odors in your ho
- Try and replace cloth window coverings with hard surface alternatives.
- When vacuuming your house, use a model that uses the HEPA technology.
- If you have pets in your house, isolate them to one room. Keep them off the beds and furniture and ensure that they don’t sleep on top of vents in the floors.
- Always purchase hypoallergenic covers for bedding. These will keep dust mites and allergens at bay.
- During summer and spring, make sure your windows are always closed. This will prevent pollen from getting their way into your house.
Tips to Reduce Humidity In Your Home
- Ensure that the ducts and vents in your home are inspected and cleaned by an expert at least twice a year.
- Check and correct any air leaks in your windows and doors
- Have your air conditioner and dehumidifier systems inspected by HVAC service people to ensure that they are the proper size for your home.
- The humidity of your home should be above 30 percent and no higher than 50percent. If this is not the case, contact an HVAC service provider for further assistance.
Additional Tips For Home Air Conditioning and Ventilation
Remember that opening the windows and doors while using the air conditioner will only make the HVAC system work harder. This will result to lower efficiency, higher bills and pollutants and dust will make their way inside. Also, make sure that you call in Vancouver HVAC professionals to do the routine maintenance twice a year. This will make the system work as it should and give you years of service. So, keep these tips in mind and you will live stress-free in regards to heating and cooling.